Dear Clearwater Newsletter Subscriber,
To complement the launch of the new CRC for Water Sensitive Cities Biofiltration Guidelines, Clearwater is offering two days of specialised training to present the latest research on biofiltration technology and its practical application.
Who should attend
The guidelines are intended for use by all parties involved in urban biofilter (also known as raingardens) planning, design and installation. This includes planners, engineers, landscape architects, developers and constructors.
- Day 1 seminar is relevant to all commercial and government staff involved in water sensitive urban design
- Day 2 training workshop is relevant to those who require a deeper understanding of the technical aspects of biofilter design application.
Day 1 Seminar: Biofiltration Guidelines V2
This seminar will be presented by Ana Deletic and Belinda Hatt from the CRCWSC. By attending this session you will:
- Understand the key elements and considerations when designing an urban biofilter
- Be updated on the changes to the guidelines (V2 replaces FAWB Guidelines)
- Hear about the latest science and research behind the revisions
- Gain working knowledge on how to: a) select biofilter vegetation and media b) design for long-life and low maintenance and challenging sites and c) design attractive biofilters that are accepted by community and well integrated into the urban environment.
Day 2 Training Workshop: Biofiltration Guidelines V2
This session will be facilitated by Dale Browne, Gary Walsh and Simon Roberts (from E2DesignLab). By attending this workshop you will:
- Have the ability to actively apply the principles from the guidelines in project design
- Have access to technical guidance and advice from industry leaders. You will workshop designs in small groups with a dedicated facilitator
- Have the opportunity to test and troubleshoot challenges of a real life project you are working on. (You are encouraged to bring plans and available information of your own project)
Note: Day 1 is a prerequisite for attendance at Day 2. To attend this workshop a working knowledge of biofilter principle and design application will be beneficial.
RSVP and cost
Register for Day 1 Seminar: $125 CRC Industry Partners, $200 General
Register for Day 1 and 2 Training Workshop: $700 CRC Industry Partners, $800 General
Registrations close Tuesday 28 July 2015 - places are limited!
Enquiries: Contact Tania Struzina I 03 9679 6969 I Clearwater Project Officer
This training delivery is partnership between Clearwater, CRC for WSC and E2DesingLab: