Six emerging water leaders win scholarships
12 September 2011
Congratulations to the following recipients who have received Water Leadership Scholarships as part of the 2011/2012 Water Leadership Program. These scholarships (valued at $10,000 each) will help the participants to develop the abilities they need to influence, drive change and advance challenging integrated water management projects - abilities associated with the most effective integrated water management leaders.
The recipients and scholarship sponsors are:
- > Michael Galloway (Manly Council, NSW) - National Water Commission Water Leadership Scholarship;
- > Sarah Jones (Healthy Waterways, QLD) - Queensland Department of Environmental and Resources Management Water Leadership Scholarship;
- > Jessica Littlejohn (Hydro Environmental, VIC) - SA Water Leadership Scholarship;
- > Penny Mueller (Moonee Valley City Council, VIC) - Melbourne Water Stormwater Leadership Scholarships
> Dr Elizabeth Wallis (Yarra Ranges Council, VIC) - Melbourne Water Stormwater Leadership Scholarships; and
- > Matthew O’Connell (North East CMA, VIC) - Department of Sustainability and Environment/Clearwater Regional Water Leadership Scholarship.
The IWC Water Leadership Program is supported by the AWA and WSAA. Online applications can be made until 31 October 2011 by visiting www.watercentre.org/leadership.